26.2.07

Mudmen


Everybody's talking about Post-Punk at the moment so I deceided to post some obscure singles from the UK. Here is the first one: it's from Mudmen, a band I know nothing about, but they sound really dark and have some kind of dub-version on the flip side. I think they fit the label Post Punk perfectly.

"Let it go" / "Penom Pen" (Kangaroo Productions MUD-1, 7", o.J.)
jicky - percussion / mike caffes - drum kit / craig gillis - bass / kevin larmon - guitar/voice / thanks to richard edson - trumpet / engineer joe barbaria/Produced by mudmen and joe
(download)

4 Kommentare:

Anonym hat gesagt…

The Mudmen were not from the UK- they were from NYC circa 1980-81 (I was friends with several of its members). They were influenced primarily by Konk, ESG & Liquid Liquid. They disbanded before they were ever able to record an LP.

Anonym hat gesagt…

hey I was in mudmen. here is a site which has more of our music and some bio info http://www.macjams.com/artist/mudmen

Anonym hat gesagt…

Hi..this is craig and I was in the mudmen, too. Very interesting seeing us posted on your site after so many years. Thanks for noticing us!

Anonym hat gesagt…

Vielen Dank!!!!!